We have one life to live, so it makes sense always to try to live it to the best of your ability. No matter where you are in life now. It is the best time to actively engage with the exploration of your own life, and become the author of your own story.
Each life has the same beginning and end. What happens in between is what makes us different.
- How are you living your life? Are you content? Frustrated? Happy?
- Are you timorous or bold in your engagement with your life and your potential?
- Are you open to opportunity when it arises in the journey of your life?
- Do you meet each day filled with hope and self-belief or apathy and self-doubt?
- Are you living a full life or enduring what feels like a half-life in the hope that tomorrow, next week, next month or next year will bring something better?
No matter who we are, we all have our own Everest to scale. Getting to the summit is never guaranteed, and it’s hard work. It requires desire, commitment, focus, hunger and passion to reach our objectives. Vital ingredients for achieving our full potential in life and for realising our goals in all areas of our life.
The poet Seamus Heaney wrote:
We are living, timorous or bold, will have been our life.
Life is a journey of adventure, and we have a choice to make. We can stay in the valley and gaze at those who are on their way to their summit, or we can climb the mountain peaks we want to achieve. Too often, we don’t dream, don’t plan, and don’t act. We expect things to happen, to be given to us. Becoming complacent and lazy.
We neither set nor achieve goals. Then we begin to regret the things we haven’t done. The time we have wasted, skills we didn’t tap into, opportunities we didn’t explore. It is, however, never too late to engage with the adventure. No matter what age we are. Wherever we are in life. The perfect starting point for a new dream and a new goal in life is now. The challenge to live fully is there even if we don’t take it up; it is always waiting for us.